Designation of the Post: Director, National Film Archive of India, Pune.
Classification: General Central Service, Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non- Ministerial.
Scale of Pay: Pay Band-4 (Rs.37400-67000) with GP Rs.8700/- corresponding to the pre-revised scale of pay of Rs.14300-400-18300
Place of Duty: National Film Archive of India, Pune
Method of Recruitment: Deputation (including short-term contract)/Promotion:
Deputation (including short-term contract):
I. Officers under Central Government or State Governments or Union Territories or Universities or recognized research Institutions or Public undertakings or Semi-Government statutory or autonomous organizations,-
- (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/department; or
(ii) with five years’ service in grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in PB-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with GP Rs.7600/- corresponding to pre-revised scale of pay of Rs. 12000-16500 or equivalent in the parent cadre/department; or
(iii) with ten years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in PB-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with GP Rs.6600/- corresponding to pre-revised scale of pay of Rs.10000-15200 or equivalent in the parent cadre/Department; and
- Possessing Educational Qualifications and
Experience as follows:
(i) Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
(ii) Ten years experience in teaching on subjects relating to cinema or mass communication or use of mass media including five years experience in administration.
- Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of Union Public Service Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection, the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts reserved for them.
- Knowledge of specialized techniques and technology of film classification and preservation for archival purposes;
- Experience in film criticism or film research work including publications; and (iii) Knowledge of foreign language.
- Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation.
- Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
- Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed four years.
Promotion: The departmental Regional Officers and Deputy Director-cum-Curator with 10 years regular service in PB-3, Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs.6600/- corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs.10000-15200/- shall also be considered along with deputationists and in case any one of them is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
Note: In the case of promotion educational qualification prescribed for direct recruitment will apply.
Job Requirements: The post of Director is the top most in the Organization. The Director as the Head of Department is responsible for proper and efficient management of the affairs of National Film Archive of India, which includes acquisition, preservation and proper utilization of archival films, all administrative, personnel and financial matters relating to the Organization. He is also responsible for organizing the courses in Film Appreciation and also courses/lectures/seminars for interested film study groups in colleges, universities and other educational set ups.
Age limit: The maximum age limit for appointment on deputation is 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Last Date: 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News.
The applications in the prescribed proforma may be sent to this Ministry addressed to:
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting,
R.No.664, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi-
Note: Officers who volunteer for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
Or please see Employment News dated 18-24 June, 2011.