Name of Post: Assistant
Eligibility Conditions: As on 1st February 2011
Sports Disciplines: Athletics (Men/Women), Badminton (Men/Women), Carrom (Men/Women), Chess (Men/Women), Table Tennis (Men/Women) & Volleyball (Men Only).
Candidates should have achieved the following in any of the above sports disciplines.
1. Represented the country in International Tournaments/meets.
2. Has won a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal at the National tournaments/meets as a member of the State Team.
3 Won the State Championship or the All India Inter-University Championship.
Educational Qualifications: A Pass in HSC (Standard XII of 10+2+3 Pattern).
i) Age of the applicant should be between 18 years and 22 years for Track and Field Sports Disciplines ie Athletics, Volleyball, Badminton and Table Tennis.
ii) Age of the applicant should be between 18 years and 25 years for Chess and Carom Sports Disciplines.
Athletics– 100MR, 200MR, 400MR, 800MR, 1500MR, 5000MR, 10000MR, 100MH, 110MH, 400MH, High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw, and Hammer Throw Only. The minimum qualifying standards for recruitment of sportspersons in athletics shall be according to the current norms set by Athletic Federation of India for entry level at National Championships.
Chess – FIDE rating of the applicants should not be less than 2300 for Men and 2200 for Women OR should have achieved International Master Norm/s.
Badminton, Carrom, Table Tennis – Apart from above conditions preference shall be given to sportspersons who are ranked from 1 to 32 in the National Ranking in their respective age groups.
Emoluments and Benefits: Basic pay Rs.7640-440(1)-8080-480(2)-9040-540(5)-11740-625(2)-12990-760(3)-15270- 790(2)-16850-840(5)-21050 and other allowances plus City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, wherever admissible as per rules. Two additional increments shall be payable to Graduates on their appointment as Assistant. Total emoluments inclusive of all allowances payable at Metro like Delhi are around Rs13600/- per month for graduates. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. Other benefits are non contributory PF, Gratuity, Pension (as per the scheme applicable on the date of appointment), LTC, Medical Benefit, Group Savings Linked Insurance (GSLI), Group Insurance (GI), Group Term Insurance Scheme (GTIS), Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler) as per rules of the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Application Fee (Non-refundable): A crossed MICR Bank Demand Draft for Rs.250/- valid for six months drawn on any scheduled Bank in favor of ‘Life Insurance Corporation of India’ payable at Mumbai should be enclosed with the application. Candidates belonging to SC/ST shall not be required to pay any fee. Candidates should write His/her Name on the back side of Demand Draft. Candidates are advised to ensure that the Demand Draft should be free from any defects as applications with defective demand drafts shall be liable for rejection.
Service Bond: The sportspersons so recruited shall be governed by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Regulations 1960 and orders issued from time to time governing the conditions of services of the employees. Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of Three (3) years from the date of joining(including probationary period) failing which, he/she will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs. 50000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) to the Corporation. The candidate will have to submit an Indemnity Bond for Rs. 50000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) duly stamped and executed by a Surety of sound financial standing and not related to the candidate. The stamp value of the Bond will be as applicable to the State in which the bond is executed by the Surety.
Selection Procedure: Applications shall be shortlisted on the basis of their proficiency in sports, merit of performance as testified to by the certificates to be furnished by them along with their bio-data. Eligible candidates will be sent call letters for selection trials if any. Candidates who qualify in selection trials for the discipline applied for shall be interviewed. Selection shall be on the basis of merit and interview. Further the appointment of candidates will be subject of his/ her being found medically fit in the pre-recruitment medical examination. The Corporation reserves the right to post the candidate at any of our Offices.
Probation: Successful candidates shall be given appointment as per the merit of the candidate. On appointment, candidates shall be placed on probation for a period.
Apply Procedure: Candidates satisfying the above eligibility conditions shall submit their Application in the format given below which shall be either handwritten in bold capitals or typewritten on A4 size paper only.
Application Form shall accompany the following:-
- Attested copies of 1) SSC Certificate issued by the Board showing date of birth. 2)HSC Marks Sheet 3) HSC Certificate 4)Graduation Marks Sheet, if any 5)Graduation Certificate, if any 6) Self-addressed envelope of 23×12 cm size with Rs.5/- postage stamp duly affixed 7) Two recent, recognizable Passport size Colored photographs – One copy to be affixed on the application form & duly signed across and the other for official use .
- Demand Draft for Rs.250/- as specified.
- Attested copies of sports achievement certificates.
- Original certificates should not be sent. Only copies attested by gazetted officer to be sent.
- The Corporation takes no responsibility for any delay in receiving the Application Form or for loss in postal transit.
- Application not in accordance with the prescribed form or incomplete/unsigned form or received without the prescribed Fees (wherever applicable) and the attested copies of the Certificates mentioned above shall not be considered.
- Application Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances, nor will it be held in reserve for future recruitment.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility conditions are liable to be disqualified at any stage of selection.
- Super scribe on the left-hand top corner of the envelope in which the Bio-data is sent “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT – SPORTS QUOTA NAME OF THE SPORTS DISCIPLINE — …………………….. “.
- Applications sent by Ordinary post/ Courier will not be accepted.
- Candidates serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings should produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, failing which, their candidature may not be considered.
Last Date: Last date for receipt of Application Forms will be 15th March 2011.
For more details Advertisement, download application form, apply online and other important information and instructions visit http://www.licindia.in/pages/Application_form0202.pdf
Application Forms completed in all respects along with enclosures should be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the following address:
Secretary (HRD/OD) & Secretary,
LIC Sports Promotion Board, LIC of India,
Central Office, HRD Department, “Yogakshema”,
Jeevan Bima Marg, Nariman Point,
Mumbai – 400 021.
NOTE: CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION OF CANDIDATURE.